Almost there

>> Saturday, June 14, 2008

Well, I am almost to the starting point of our very long, overwhelming, EXTREMELY rewarding journey. I think maybe in 2 weeks we'll start. I have SO much I want to teach her. So much that I want to do with her. I don't think there is a way to possibly fit it all in.

I have been working on the schedule. It'll be harder than I thought to get all of the days in. Thank goodness she isn't to the compulsory age for another 2 years so I'm only 'practicing' right now before it has to be completely legal.

What we are starting with (not all at once!)

  • Saxon Math K
  • HWT
  • ETC-Get Ready for the Code
  • Story of the World (may not start this until grade 1)
  • Hooked on Phonics K
  • Misc other workbooks and internet studies
I don't have a plan for science just yet. Maybe we'll just find a fun experiment book and just go with the flow and do that on down days. We shall see.

I don't think I'm going to go with Sonlight like I had thought I might. I have read some stuff lately that makes me think it's not for me. I was hoping for an all inclusive curriculum but I just haven't found anything that suits my needs. Apparently there isn't a need for a secular curriculum that isn't out there flapping. I'm all ears if you know of one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP