Raelee is into fairies lately..specifically designing and constructing fairy houses. The weather here has been fabulous. Mid 70's during the day..50's at night. I wish we had this kind of weather all the time. However, it does make getting school done a bit more challenging. Raelee has cabin fever right now. She wants to be anywhere but at her desk. We have been plowing through school so I have given her some slack lately with this lovely weather.
These days, you can often find Raelee in front of her work bench that Daddy has set up for her. She even asked Daddy to buy her her own bottle of wood glue. He did that probably 3 weeks ago and she is nearly out...lol Good thing he is coming home again soon!
She is learning that nearly everything woodsy can be used in fairy house design. It's fun watching her come up with ideas. She's using things out of nature, LOTS of daddy's wood scraps, LOTS of wood glue, and loads of imagination.
 |
| This is the scene lately on the counter tops. Her fairy house book is nearly always open when she is creating. Did you know that clothes pins make fabulous mini clamps? She uses them a lot to adhere leaves to sticks and the like. |
 |
| She discovered tiny shells in our backyard that 'glisten in the sun!' She is often digging in dirt with her little yellow bucket in hand, searching for treasures. |
A few days ago, the backyard just simply wouldn't do for supplies anymore. We went to our local nature 'observatory' (for lack of a better term). It's simply beautiful and there are a lot of fairy trinkets to be found here. If you can get past the 'state bird' (mosquito) paying lots of visits here, it's a lovely place to be close to nature. Raelee can always find bugs, reptiles, and other creepy crawly fun stuff.
 |
| Ooohhh weee...a cat tail! If only I knew then what I know now about those things!!!! It would have never made it to my home. |
 |
| She loves tucking fairy house building supplies into her little bag...we stuffed it full that day! |
 |
| Doesn't this look like a place that fairies would hide? |
 |
| The word magical comes to mind. |
 |
| Today, she wanted to construct a fairy house out of a hollow pumpkin. We had fun working on this one together. I am learning that hot glue is your friend when it comes to fairy home construction!! |
 |
| Back to cat tails. Oh my...there are about 6 billion floating seeds in those things! I had no idea! If you pull them out, they multiply..it seems that way anyway. |
Oh, and Grandma made her an apron for the shop just like daddy has! It is too cute and I'm sure it'll be full of glue and stain and whatever else just like Daddy's is!
 |
| I apologize to anybody in my neighborhood who as an abundance of weeds around their home in a few days..lol |
 |
| This is the only picture I have gotten of her creations. I really need to start taking more pictures of what she is making. I love this one. She even used the cat tail seeds as VERY plush carpeting. If you look close, just past the door is a working chandelier hanging from the ceiling. It was totally her idea to do that and I thought it was a very cute idea. The fairy house is still glowing outside in the garden and it's pretty close to midnight. I know that the fairies will be nice and warm in their new home. |
2 comments:
What a great job, Raelee! You are doing wonderful with your fairy stuff! Steph, I remember when Lisa Roberson made fairy furniture. I think that maybe Raelee comes by it honestly although Lu was in her teens!
I love her fairy house! I will start collecting treasures to send your way. We have some great ones here!
Post a Comment