I take loads of pictures on my iphone...lately, that's all I'm using to take pics. Some get shared on facebook but many don't get shared at all. Since the main purpose of my blog is to actually 'scrapbook' our lives (I print out a yearly blog book), I thought I should go ahead and share on here.
Raelee had just about gotten out of playing with dolls...or any toys for that matter. She would rather be playing outside with her chickens, dogs, and bugs, playing Wii or the computer, or out front walking the dogs. It made me sad but I knew it was the natural progression of growing up. However, one of her close friends started carrying a baby doll around with her everywhere...soccer game, play dates, etc. I guess that showed Raelee that an 8.5 year old is not too old for dolls. She has a new love for them. They are once again going everywhere with us, joining us on shopping trips, car rides, play dates, etc. Yes, it makes my heart sing just a little. Let's add some icing to the cake though. I was going through storage last week and came across my old Cabbage Patch Kids. I have tried to introduce them to her before but she didn't like them so back in storage they went. This time though, she was ready for them. She adores them just like I did. She's spent plenty of time just trying to get to know them, learn their names, etc. They are the new 'carry everywhere' doll. Here are a few pics.
 |
| Love this pic that Raelee took in her bed. Love my old "Libby" all dressed up in a Singapore dress. If you look in the background, you can see a bunny in a beautiful dress. My mom made that bunny for me when I was probably Raelee's age and apparently I didn't like it. Raelee is well making up for it though....she adores that bunny! |
 |
| Raelee and a new little neighborhood friend, Bri, playing 'spa' with the dolls. They were quite dirty. I guess 25 years of dirt and grime needed to be cleaned off. They also stunk something terrible. They got them all cleaned up and smelling pretty. |
 |
| This was Raelee after I first told her that she can have my old dolls. She was head over heels in love right away. |
 |
| Just before I took the old dolls out, she had brought HER old doll (Wake Up Princess Baby) and Ruthie out for a shopping trip. |
We have been Geocaching a lot lately. It's a nice family activity that's FREE (other than gas). We all love going and it has been good for us. I don't think Daddy loves it as much as us, but I'm sure it has to do with him being the driver. He gets "Just drive 4 more miles up..there's a great one up there. (in 4 more miles) Oh wait, that one hasn't been active for 3 years now. Ok, just 11 more miles. Turn left. Wait, I read the GPS wrong, turn around and go down that dirt road. Wait, I read it wrong again...we aren't supposed to be in the middle of the cane field, we are supposed to be in the church across the street." I'm not a very good navigator I think...lol Raelee loves finding the trinkets of course! We are in the process of trying to place our first cache...and actually had it placed until we realized that where we put it was illegal. Time to rethink it. Here are some pics from our last cache trip.






 |
| Raelee helped me work on her friend's Christmas gifts...she hand appliquéd the heart on this owl. Don't get excited...she didn't do the other 9 owls that needed to be done...and I had to make her finish this one..lol |
 |
We babysat a friend's turtles for a few days. Raelee loved that. (Raelee took this pic)
|
 |
| Soccer season is finished up! She had a great season and plays her defender position very well! |
I have me a nice little fall garden going. My tomatoes have just about exploded. I have a TON of them. They are taking their jolly sweet time ripening though. I'm sure they are confused with the hot/cold/hot/cold weather.
 |
| Baby brocoli anyone? We have about 6 brocoli plants and probably just as many cabbage. |
 |
| This plant alone probably has about 20 HUGE tomatoes on it. There's barely enough plant to hold them all up. |
 |
| I made this salad the other day that was 75% home grown..right down to the lettuce. The tomatoes are store bought because I don't have any ripe ones yet. |
 |
| We let the chickens in the garden for a little bit. They just about got lost in the lettuce garden. I'm LOVING having lettuce like this. So nice to be able to walk out in the backyard when you want a salad! |
 |
I haven't posted halloween pictures. Raelee came up with this costume all on her own. She even bought the dress at goodwill with this in mind. She was a "Spider Princess Bride". I love it!
|

Raelee is finally in a Brownie troop. She's excited but guardedly so. Not knowing what to expect and all. Just after one meeting, she attended her first girl scout sleep over. She was VERY nervous in the 2 weeks leading up to it. We talked a lot about it and what to expect. She 'practiced' sleep overs with her dolls under the table in a tent, she talked to Granny about it. She was still very very nervous. The morning of the sleep over though, I started to see some excited creep in. She was still nervous but was starting to look forward to it. It was a dress up thing...so she needed to dress up as an Alice in Wonderland character. I transformed her Gnome costume into a Queen of Hearts costume. I think it came out cute and practical. I told her that if she needed to come home, I would be there in a few minutes to get her. That made it better. I wrote a note and attached it to her blankie (that she had hidden deep down in her sleeping bag so as not to get embarrassed over it). When the time came for lights out, she found the note and just had to call me. It was 11:15. I got the call and thought for SURE I was going to have to go get her. Nope...she just wanted to call and tell me she loves me and thanks for the note and that she was having a great time! How sweet was that??? The next day, I got roaring praises from the volunteers. They all said she was very independent and confident and that you would never know she was ever scared. She even helped a little girl that was crying...apparently she snuggled up to her and held her in her arms until she calmed down. So sweet. So, her sleepover was a huge success. And yes, true to Granny's (a seasoned girl scout) word, she came home completely exhausted and slept off and on most of the next day.
 |
| Carrying her gear. My mom always said whatever you pack, you carry...lol Raelee didn't actually want me carrying anything so it worked out. |
 |
| See how nervous she is??? |
 |
| The note I added to her blankie :) |
This girl is loving makeup these days. She's actually doing a good job. She's
All about the swirls and glitter! She only gets to do it when we are staying home and not very often even then!
0 comments:
Post a Comment