Fabulous Friday
>> Friday, September 4, 2009
I'm going to try to post something fabulous every Friday that Raelee has done during the week.
Today, I was folding clothes and asked Raelee to go get started with School. We use the workbox system that allows her to be able to grab a box and work on it without needing help. I purposely add the ones she doesn't need help with in the begining. She is learning to work independantly and that's what we need.
She grabbed her first workbox and it was a math test. She did it before I ever even realized she had actually gone into the homeschool room to work! I'm so proud of her. We have to work on backwards numbers, but she's even getting better with that.
I had to put this one just because.....
When asked what she wants to be when she grows up, right now she says "A Mommy." Of course I like this. Then I explained that she can be a mommy and something else too. We talked about that. For this assignment, she needed to put a community worker that she wanted to be when she grew up. On her own..she chose "homeschool teacher." How great is that? I thought it was a thoughtful answer. We are working on handwriting and writing in general. She needs help with spacing and letter size for the size of blank she has to write something in. Baby steps...she has come such a long way!

2 comments:
She is certainly doing well. I am so very proud of her and of you. You are doing a great job teaching her. I think she will love numbers even though she says she will not. My mom would have been proud - she loved numbers. :-)
Raelee, you're doing such a great job! I like working with glitter glue too:) Tell your Mommy I said hi and I love both of you...
Post a Comment