Atlanta Zoo
>> Tuesday, September 1, 2009
The Atlanta Zoo wasn't a large zoo at all..but there were some neat things in it that were unique that we enjoyed. Here are a few highlights:
Raelee rarely asks me to take a picture of her...so when she does..of course I do it!
This little guy wanted nothing more than to get a bite to eat at 'mama cafe' She would have nothing to do with him at all..she batted him away with every single attempt. It was funny and sad at the same time.
I could see why though..he was awfully precocious.
These guys were neat. There were a mess of babies running around too.
Raelee was our leader. She was too cute. "ok we are right here. We saw the gorilla's already so we need to go up to the red area..we haven't seen any of the red area yet. Take a right daddy..right there." It was cute. I figure it's good map learning skills going on there.
We got to feed parakeets. That was pretty neat. There were dozens and dozens (if not hundreds) of them flying around.


Raelee informed us that this is an African Elephant (it has smaller ears). Thanks Grandma for the unit study on them...she knew what it was from that booklet you sent her!

1 comments:
I think in my other life I was a nature person. I love nature and being with the critters always calms me. It looks like a wonderful zoo - and you had a great guide. Yes, map skills at work - yay!
Post a Comment