Chicken fun at the fair

>> Monday, September 16, 2013

We just finished up our very first county fair. I'll post more about the fair later, but I wanted to talk about the chickens first. Raelee had a blast with them and carrying her favorites around day in and day out. People loved seeing her with them.
Margaret spent a lot of time at the farmer for the day exhibit. She sure got a lot of second looks in e nesting box...being that the rest were stuffed!

Her chickens got some great awards even though we were lead to believe previously that they would not place well. All of them got at least 1st but 3 of them got rosettes and plaques too.

 
Margaret is 'only' a first place chicken.
Of course you have to bathe a chicken before its shown,
While they were being judged, Raelee did the best she could not to hover over the judge. It was hard though,

 

Margaret got to do some community education. Raelee really loved that. I'm sure Margaret loved it too.
Chip did a lot of relaxing with Raelee.

I have about decided we are more the chicken showing family rather than rabbit. It's not that we don't love Hannah (the rabbit) but is a lot less work and waiting around on the day of showing. She racked up the awards and it was fun. We have not had too much fun at rabbit shows. Maybe it's just not our thing. That's ok. I'm good with that.

More about the fair and winnings in another post.

 

1 comments:

Mona,  September 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM  

Great job Raelee! I loved the pictures too.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP