I'm so completely behind on blogging but I have so much to share and tell. I feel like I don't want to miss a thing. This is a mash up blog post with mediocre iPhone pictures but you will get the idea. :)
 |
| You will find us most days first thing in the morning and late in the evening sitting here in front of the pond. The peaceful feeling I get here is like none other. Raelee has taken to doing school out there. Can't beat that! I have a hard time believing that we live in such a park like setting. It still amazes me. |
 |
| Raelee and her favorite chicken, Margaret. That chicken will do anything Raelee asks of her. There will be many more funny pictures coming of her and this chicken. |
 |
| We went to visit a friend that has a llama and goat farm. We had a good time there. |
 |
| We both got to milk goats..a first for both of us. Can't wait till we can milk our own goats! |
In other news, our chickens have decided to lay in nests in the yard rather than in their nesting boxes. This should prove to be interesting when we have 15 laying hens, or more (not sure how many roosters we have yet. 2 for sure.) We accidentally found this out. My mom and dad were pulling weeds around a tree in the front yard and happened across this nest. I have since found another one. I guess it's too hard to walk an acre away to lay an egg.
Our guinea hens have doubled in size in just a few days. They got moved outside and are doing well out there.
 |
| Todd finished the coop a few weeks ago. He built these great roosting bars. See the 2 chickens here using it? One of the babies crawled right underneath the other while I was out there. Too funny. I love the roosting bars..and then they poop in the boxes under them and it's easy to scoop it out. In theory. |
 |
| The babies have decided that they much prefer the loft way above my head. Thats' where they sleep at night. Defeats the purpose of the roosting bars and poop boxes. Cleaning poop from up there is no fun, I assure you. So I came up with a solution. I put some hardware cloth across the top with a sharp edge on it so they couldn't land on it. Good idea right? |
 |
| It worked..can you tell? *sigh* Plan B. Let them stay there and think of another solution. |
 |
| Raelee helped fill bags for the tornado's in another part of Oklahoma. They were devastated and some people in her 4H group went to help clean up. We added some stuff help out just a little bit. It was the least we could do. |
 |
| A very special little girl turned 10. More on that in another post. I can't believe she's 10! |
 |
| Caught a fish at a 4H picnic. She was pretty excited |
Every time we walk around the property, we find new things. Each discovery is just as exciting as the last. Here are a few sights.
.JPG) |
| I have always loved honeysuckle. Now I have my very own vine, or 40. This stuff can take over the world, I think. It smells wonderful in the evening. |
.JPG) |
| We have found nests all over the place..many on the ground. Probably from previous years. This one, I found in a tree today. I think either a cardinal or a mockingbird. So exciting! I hope to see babies in here soon. Raelee is excited to have one low enough to peek out every now and then. |
The most exciting find of the day....
.JPG) |
| Apples...real love apple trees that are mature and FULL of growing apples! I have no idea what kind but it will be fun watching it and seeing what kind they are! |
.JPG) |
| Mulberry trees...everywhere. I really don't like the flavor of the mulberries but it's fun having them available, don't you think? |
.JPG) |
| I'm helping my mom get ready for 2 reunions on 2 sides of the family. Happened across this picture today of my Great Grandma, Grands. I miss her so much. I was very close to her. I remember the way she smelled and how soft her skin was and she songs she sang. She was a very special lady. Love you Grands! |
1 comments:
Awww, what a sweet post! I love your property and all your precious finds on it. The apples are the best! I have never seen that pic of grans, yep, I miss her too. Terrific post! Maybe I need to catch up too!
Post a Comment