Garden update and other fun stuff

>> Monday, May 27, 2013

As you can imagine, by the end of the day, I'm completely exhausted after having done a days work full of house and farm chores. The good thing though is that I still love it. The outside work is *fun* work for me. Inside, not so much, but it still has to be done. 

The water problem in MY garden has about taken care of itself with Todd's drainage. Raelee's garden is still full of water. We'll work on that this week hopefully. All is not lost in there though..we hope to still save everything. 

Here are a few garden pictures.



Here is the rare red strawberry. I had to forbid Raelee from eating the ones in MY garden off of the plant. She has her own plants she can eat off of. She likes them pink and not sweet red..so I never got a red one..lol  So I have to fight her and the rolly pollies..holly cow, there are millions and they eat my plants. :( Trying to organically battle them now. It's not working

Here are what's left of my potatoes. The rolly pollies are eating the stems of those too.  I don't like growing potatoes like this..in containers. Next year, I'll come up with something else. It's too hard to get dirt in and around the plants.

Asparagus...WHAT?  I'm super stoked about this!!!

Grapes..see the little bunches of grapes? I have no idea what kind but here they are!

Water in our drainage that Todd set up..it actually works but becomes quite the mess.

Snow Peas....these like cool weather. We shall see how these do.

Tomatoes...I have like 22 plants in just my garden. I think I may have over planted...ll

Yellow squash..can't wait to eat it!!

Zucchini...YUM!

Calendula...using this dried in soap. Super excited about these.

Green beans

Lettuce...the chickens have eaten all of this. *sigh*

Broccoli...chickens ate this too

My geese have been hanging out every day...love Squeaks and Squawks.

Blackberries...everywhere




Chickens have loved their new coop..we are loving it too.

Raelee has taken a liking to Margaret. That chicken will follow her anywhere and sit and do whatever Raelee wants her to do. So cute. here, we are making wildflower balls for our meadow.

Raelee put a few chickens in her mulberry tree...that didn't go over very well. They went straight to the top and we had to get a ladder to get them down!

Almost ripe mulberries...they are ripe now and I have no idea what to do with them. I don't care for the flavor much.

And yes, I went and did it again. We are now owners to 14 guinea hens....hopefully will help with the bugs in the yard. We shall see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP