RIP Gracie and Honey
>> Friday, June 14, 2013
We have had our first flock of chickens for over 2 years now. They are our pets and we all treasure them and love them. Raelee especially. We did sell our two Rhode Island Reds because they were just nasty, but the rest, they were special. 3 days ago, Honey and one of our babies (not sure which) disappeared with no sign of them anywhere. They free range because, well, because they like free ranging. I knew we were taking a risk, I did...but it's a farm...chickens should be out and about, right? *sigh*
Last night, Gracie (one of Raelee's favorites) and another baby turned up missing. :( I found Gracie's feathers today and showed them to Raelee because I didn't want her to find it on her own.
Still no sign of any of the other 3.
I was mowing and saw Raelee out in the yard doing something. I found her writing on a plaque. She was making a headstone for gracie. She put some of her feathers on there too. How sad is that??
She has taken it really well..only a few tears here and there. She drew a pretty picture of her that we will frame and hang up.
![]() |
| Honey is the first one on the ladder and Gracie is at the top. The red one at the bottom was sold a few months back. The only one left from this picture is Susan..the black one on the ground. |
| Says "Gracie, a very tame chicken. We love you Gracie. You will be in our hearts." |
RIP Gracie, Honey and babies. We will miss you


1 comments:
I am so very sorry. Those are indeed feather babies. I am going to miss them too. Life is so tough...
Post a Comment