It's been SO wet here, crazy kinds of wet. I let the chickens out for several hours a day (about half the day right now split in 2 'sessions') just to give them a break from the muck. Just to give you an idea... My yard around the coop has looked like this for the better part of 3 or 4 weeks now. I do not live in a wetland. We should not have to wear boots to go out to the coop so our ankles don't get wet. It's really rather frustrating. It's stinky (the yard, and just about everywhere in our area) from standing water.
After about an hour, the chickens stop running around and start laying and perching around the yard. It's fun to find them perched in odd places. Some of these pictures are older only b/c I haven't been able to catch them lately. I can't get my camera fast enough sometimes.
 |
| We sure miss Peter! |
 |
| They decided sitting on the bench today wasn't a good idea. No, Patches pays them no mind at all. |
 |
| The bench is popular, can you tell? It looks like they are having a good ole gossip session doesn't it? |
|
It's really funny because the bench is a favorite spot. A lot of times, I'll look out the window to find all of the chickens perched there looking in the window.
 |
| My poor end of season garden. That'll get cleaned out pretty soon. |
We are getting VERY VERY close to have eggs from at least a few of our girls. I went out and found a nesting box and had a friend rig it for me so that it had a 'kick board' on it. Raelee put golden eggs in there to 'egg' the chickens on..she's hoping that'll inspire them to lay a golden egg. Me too..that would really help us out!
A few weeks ago, the chickens were distressed. They were SO hot. It was before the rain spree started. They had little relief from the heat. Todd went and got a nice outdoor fan for them and it's pointing down toward the ramp into the coop. What's really funny now is that the ramp is the 'coolest' place to be. Literally. You'll often see several chickens sitting on the ramp backwards letting the wind blow up their feathers. They are totally blocking the way and sometimes cause quite the traffic jam. It's really funny to see.
 |
| This time, Susan (the black and white one) is blocking the way. She is NOT budging. All the while..the dogs look on. |
1 comments:
Oh I love all the pictures of the chickens! The one with them 'chatting' on the bench is super cute. I think I might have to consider framing that if they were mine... just so it would make me smile. Enjoyed the chicken post.
Post a Comment