All the better to see you with, my dear

>> Thursday, July 21, 2011

As part of Raelee's vision therapy, she got a pair of *very* mildly corrected glasses. The doc said that this will help her read more easily and less choppy. She needs them to help pull her eyes inward. 

Of course Raelee was SUPER excited. She has wanted glasses since she was 4. Thank you pretty princess eye display a my eye doctor! Anyway..I have new respect for my mom now. It took us FOREVER to pick out a pair..and when we did, we had to switch stores and start the process all over again.  We finally found a pair we agree on. I finally got her to realize that she was NOT ugly in them. Where she got that idea, I have no idea.


That couldn't be further from the truth don't you think?

In fact, when she laid down in bed last night and started writing her book again, my heart skipped a beat. I saw a kid 5 years older than she is now.

Where is time going? Can't you see a 13 year old Raelee here? *sigh*

She looks so scholarly and grown up. So smart.

4 comments:

Elizabeth,  July 21, 2011 at 11:28 AM  

She is beautiful in her glasses and I agree, I can see a grown up Raelee and in one picture, I saw YOU in her!

cajunsis,  July 25, 2011 at 10:56 AM  

Oh the time flies by so fast you cannot believe it. Yesterday you kids were babies and today you have babies. It seems so short, the memories so clear, but the time has gone by in the blink of an eye. I miss my babies like you would never believe.

cajunsis,  July 25, 2011 at 10:58 AM  

And pR looks adorable in her glasses. Yes, I can see the teen in her - like I said in the boat picture - I can see her all grown up. So proud of you both.

Rikki Kreger,  August 2, 2011 at 4:06 PM  

My son is finishing vision therapy up this month (he's been doing it since January, I think) and has prism bifocals he wears for school stuff. I hadn't heard anything about this topic before my son was tested so it's always interesting to see someone else with similar issues!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP