No School!
>> Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Daddy came home last week and for the first couple of days, we didn't 'do school'. She got pretty bored though so I started cooking with her. Cooking with a 7 year old...for me...is not my idea of fun but this day was different. I did enjoy it.
First, we started with a Pumpkin pie. Raelee has wanted to make one for a while but we decided to wait until her daddy got home. I don't care for pumpkin pie and I wanted somebody to help her with it so she didn't eat it all on her own.
![]() |
| I told her to put a little bit of flour on the counter. I turned around and realized she had put about half the bag. Yes, this was tons of fun to clean up..lol |
![]() |
| My mom gave me this Betty Crocker cook book. Not sure if it was passed down or not. There were neat newspaper articles in it though! |
![]() |
| I had a deja vu moment here (Megan? LOL) I told Raelee that we needed 1 teaspoon of salt. Look at this picture close. See the problem? She was a half a second away from dumping this in on top of sugar (so I couldn't have taken it out very easily..lol) I saved the day though and showed her the teaspoon measurement. |
![]() |
| Raelee cut the excess away. She took this job very seriously. |
![]() |
| My first ever pie crust! It was pretty good! |
![]() |
| I didn't get a cooked picture, but the uncooked version is pretty isn't it? |
![]() |
| The next thing we made was "Victory Garden Soup" from Molly's American Girl Cookbook. Raelee has been wanting to make this for her daddy. She was excited for her chance. |
![]() |
| I had to let go a little bit and let her peel and cut. She learned that if she peeled a certain way, it flicked potato peelings all over the place...mostly at mom. She said it was an accident. |
![]() |
| But this was her face when it happened...is this the face of a girl that is doing this on accident? LOL |
![]() |
| Lots of reading involved. She did a great job reading the recipe and figuring out what to do next. |
![]() |
| This was the result. It was a yummy vegetable soup that Raelee ate every bite of! YAY Raelee! |
![]() |
| And for desert? The much awaited pumpkin pie. YUM!!! |
So...we didn't have school for the day, but I think we did pretty good getting some good learning in, don't you?















3 comments:
Absolutely! Looks like y'all had a great time! And I completely hear you about cooking with a 7-year-old not being your idea of "fun." Try a 7-yr-old and a 4-yr-old in the same kitchen, fighting over who gets to do which part of the recipe! It's enough to drive me insane!! But they seem to love it, so I try to let them help out every now and then. Anyway, looks like y'all had a good time and got some great pics of it, too! :)
Wow, pumkin pie and vegitable soup!
Papa is hungry now!
That looks really good.....Great job Raelee and Stephenie....I think you got lots of learning in there....I love my Betty Crocker cookbook....my Grandmother gave one to me when Lee and I told her we were getting married and I have used it quite often especially when we were first married. I can't wait to give it to Harleigh when she gets married.
Post a Comment