Growing up
>> Sunday, October 17, 2010
We are going through a testy phase of childhood here. "Let's see what I can get away with before I actually get in trouble." Or as Raelee has done: "Let's see how long I can go without washing my body or my hair. It is just too much trouble to do so. If I just stand in the water without washing, and then lie about it and SAY I washed it, she will think I did, right?" Man...it is such a battle of wills. The latest is her hijacking my phone and texting pictures and video's to 10 people on my list. Thank goodness they were all family or close friends right? Most of my friends know now that Raelee has been known to get a hold of my phone and say hi....but most of the time, I know she is on it. Not this time!
However, with the bad stuff in this stage, comes the good stuff....the stuff that requires the same amount of imagination.
Raelee wants a horse....bad....we have talked about the responsibilities of raising a horse...and how much money it costs to own one. She has decided that when she turns '18' (the age her daddy says she can get a horse...she still doesn't get what he means by that), she will need a job...and a good one at that. This is her plan. Thursday through Sunday, she will OWN her own restaurant. This place will only serve meat....steaks will be the specialty. It will have steaks, bacon, hamburgers and ribs. On Monday through Wednesday, she run a zoo. A petting zoo to be specific. It will have a giraffe, goats, a horse, and a cow. The cow will be behind bars because of an unfortunate incident at the local petting zoo one day that required me guarding 2 of her friends while a mini-cow head butted me in the hip...leaving deep purple bruises. Where he was headbutting me, would have been their heads had I not quickly stepped in front of them. So she wants a cow, but it can't be around the people...rofl In her zoo, she will also have a bug exhibit (you knew this though didn't you? LOL) that comes out in a butterfly habitat. The butterflies will be able to land on you and everything. There will be signs on the floor saying "Watch out for butterflies, don't step on them!"
How cute is that??? I love her idea. I fully believe she will work in a zoo someday....in the entomology department. This girly girl of mine loves bugs.
We will get through this...just like we go through each other new stage she has been through. I think I'm getting new gray hair though...lol
![]() |
| Raelee made this dress (with help of course!) |


1 comments:
Every little stage in their lives is a test of the wills. You think 'this' one is bad, and just when the wills settle down, the next one slaps you down. It is a fun adventure. Battle of the wills = will you make it? Course you will!
You are doing a great job - and she is too - testing you. Hang in there girly, they grow up much too fast then you wonder where the time went - and 'will' it come back? It doesn't, but you get through that too. Love ya!
Post a Comment