Spring is knocking on our door!
>> Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Spring is my favorite time of the year. I get so excited at the thought of digging in the dirt, hearing birds sing, and leaving my door open so that the cool breeze can blow in. There are many little things happening around here lately that let me know that spring is almost here.
Birds are working on their nests..the evidence is in our nesting materials box. It's quite obvious that birds have been digging in it.
Raelee is inspecting the ribbons that they dropped on the ground.
Looking up at the nesting box...she was so excited to see it was being used!
We are babysitting this birdhouse that my dad built. You can see the one in the back of the yard that has been here since buster came to live with us. Apparently he never paid attention. Todd put this one in yesterday and Buster didn't leave that spot in the yard for a couple of hours. It was concerning to him that birds were flying in and out of it. He would bark occasionally at it, but mostly just sat and stared at it. It was funny. (please don't mind my dirty window and yard)
My trusty Gerbera daisy bloomed. This is my pride and joy. I'm glad to see her back. :)
Did you know that broccoli florets are just flower buds? I didn't know that..now I do. Great science lesson for both Raelee and I. The bee's are loving my broccoli right now..so if you get some of Mr. Jude's honey that takes like broccoli...I apologize in advance..lol
Nothing screams spring than a crawfish boil...mmmmmmmm
Birds are singing, my woodpecker is back (he only visits in the spring and fall), nests are being built, flowers are budding, tree's are getting some leaves. Good times!








2 comments:
I did NOT know that about broccoli....interesting. Maybe that's why when you buy them frozen in the store they are called florets? Don't you just LOVE to watch spring arrive?
I have always loved spring as my number one season - it is a season of new beginnings. I loved digging in the dirt and miss it so much. Such a great post. Maybe someday I will be back in 'seasons' again.
Post a Comment