Changes

>> Wednesday, October 7, 2009

We have had lots of changes in our life this week..some good, some not so good. Here is one wonderful change we experienced yesterday! Raelee picked up this caterpillar off of the trash can several weeks ago. We have watched it eat and munch it's way though several leaves (with a furry friend.) It got really long and fat then it stopped eating and shrunk over the period of several days. I was afraid we had killed it and nearly put it outside to give it half a chance. Well some friends were over yesterday and the kids were all looking at the fat, dying caterpillar. Well about 15 minutes later, Raelee runs in super excited and could barely get it out that there was a chrysalis on the bottom of the cage! HUH? We JUST looked at it and it was a nearly dead caterpillar! Don't underestimate nature!

Here is our little guy when we first got him.

Here he was when he first started forming his chrysalis. My friend was here after it formed and we watched it wiggle and change color from a pretty rainbow color to a dark red.I really wish I knew what kind of caterpillar this is. I thought they were supposed to form on something high up for them to survive...this one formed lying down. I hope it makes it!
Here is is furry friend...still munching away today!

2 comments:

cajunsis,  October 10, 2009 at 6:10 PM  

I always feel so out of contact here. I guess I don't know all that has happened, but I am sure our moving has been part of it. I miss you. Your chrysalis is wonderful - can't wait to see what it transforms into. I am proud of Raelee for seeing them and bringing them in to watch the transformations.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP