Soap Challenge 1

>> Saturday, March 30, 2013

Welcome to my family blog. I don't have a soap blog (yet) but you can find my soaps at Cypress Scents and be kept up to date on what we are making on my facebook page Cypress Scents Facebook.

Amy over at Great Cakes Soap Works is giving us challenges once again. I got a chance to meet Amy at my soap conference. She is such a sweet person and I'm glad to be able to consider her a friend now!  Anyway, she challenged us to make a soap using the Tiger Swirl technique. It took me 3 tries to do it, but it was my fault because I tried to take a water discount and add milk later in the process. It didn't work, but I still have 2 beautiful soaps in addition to this one. It worked out just fine. My mom helped me with it and it really did help to have 2 people doing it.

Here she is!  It's Cool Citrus Basil scent. So refreshing!



Thank you Amy for the challenge! Can't wait to see what's next!

18 comments:

Natalia,  March 30, 2013 at 8:43 AM  

Su h a lovely soap! Beautiful colors too!

Distracted Housewife,  March 30, 2013 at 8:48 AM  

Great colors! I think the stripes came out beautifully, too.

Kirppu,  March 30, 2013 at 8:51 AM  

Beautiful color combination! It would be nice to see your two other tiger stripe soaps.

talkeetnagirl,  March 30, 2013 at 8:59 AM  

Very springtime! Beautiful!

Amy Warden,  March 30, 2013 at 9:02 AM  

Very glad to meet you too, Stephenie! I love your soap!! Great color choice for the scent - very "cool"!!! (Pun intended!)

L.H.,  March 30, 2013 at 9:36 AM  

Love the fragrance and color combo! Turned out amazing :)

Anonymous,  March 30, 2013 at 11:53 AM  

Nice. I like the three colors you used.

Head 2 Toe,  March 30, 2013 at 1:04 PM  

it does look refreshing! Good job.

Simple Pleasures Handmade Soap,  March 30, 2013 at 5:32 PM  

Oooo, I like those colours! Beautiful!!

Cris,  March 30, 2013 at 6:33 PM  

Really nice tiger stripes!

Lindalu,  March 30, 2013 at 9:16 PM  

Truly lovely. Beautiful colours and I love how thin you got your layers.

lwal50,  March 30, 2013 at 9:16 PM  

Love soap, so cool and fresh looking. I love it :) Linda

Carol-Soaplicity,  March 30, 2013 at 11:13 PM  

Your stripes are perfect and I love the colors. (and the scent too)Nice job!

Traci R,  March 31, 2013 at 7:13 AM  

Love the green and yellow.

Dana1404/Heike,  March 31, 2013 at 11:18 AM  

Love the colours!! Looks great!

Anonymous,  April 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM  

Colors are fabulous! What colors did you use?

NadaLottaRanch,  April 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM  

The colors look positively perfect for the scent you choose :) Lovely stripes!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP