Furniture

>> Monday, January 21, 2013

We spent hours and hours looking at furniture at the local big box store. Decided exactly what we wanted...or so we thought. The more we thought about it, the more we decided we didn't want to spend thousands and thousands on shiny new perfect furniture. So, today, we spent an hour and a half at the local antique/resale store picking out the perfect pieces.

The store will repaint them for us..turn them into exactly what we want. I'm nervous but so excited. We are planning on turning an old door sideways for a bed headboard. We haven't gotten that yet. We will buy new mattresses though.

We are going to repaint this and it'll be our TV stand I think. Take the top 3 drawers out and cut holes in the back for DVD player, etc.

Night stands. The one on the right is repainted and destressed. I'll have the one on the left panted the same way. 


My dresser. It has been newly repainted and is in very good shape. I think I'm going to take a piece of sandpaper to it to distress it some. Only problem is that it doesn't match the night stands at all. Does that matter?


This is our dining table. the weird skinny legs will be removed. They serve no purpose.  The chairs come with it but they don't match anything at all. Not sure what I will do about that just yet. We'll see after we get it into the house. It's also newly repainted.


This is the bedroom set we had picked out. It was around $4000. I think our $400 pieced and parted set  will look so much better and more 'us' don't you?


We WILL buy this leather sofa though. :) We still need to get end tables, etc but will probably piece and part it together too.

We finished the evening with chatting with friends. I even got to sing Patty Cake and the ABC song with my favorite toddler and pre-schooler. It was fun catching up with them!

1 comments:

cajunsis,  January 21, 2013 at 10:26 PM  

I love all the pieces of furniture you got. I would have loved to do the same thing. Can't wait to see your new house all decked out!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP