Great Cakes Challenge

>> Saturday, March 24, 2012

Amy over at Great Cakes Soapworks is doing a challenge for all soapers once a week. I'm excited to participate!!  This week was "In the pot swirl." I have never done this technique and was happy to learn about it.  I did it twice. Here are my 'attempts.'

The first one is scented with Brambleberry's Dragon's Blood. When I smell a scent, I smell a color. This one always smelled like red and black for me. This was the first time I tried lab colors and activated charcoal. When I first soaped this one, it was a nice maroon color swirled with slate. This scent contains vanilla so I lost most of the color swirl when it darkened.  It also got some kind of oil dots on the top. It annoys me.  The soap itself is fine though and strongly scented. My husband likes it so that's a plus!


 This one is a replay of "Singapore Swirl".  It is one of 2 of the most popular sellers so far for me. I added some bulk to the top of this one.  What I didn't expect though is for it to heat up on me and get glycerine cracks throughout the soap.  It still smells just as good, but is not as pretty. The in the pot swirl though worked beautifully and I was super happy with that. Just wish I would have known about titanium dioxide heating up soap before I did this one. Oh well, live and learn. I know for next time. This one will be sold as a 'second.'

Thank you to Amy with Great Cakes for hosting this challenge. I look forward to them in the future!

5 comments:

Amy Warden,  March 24, 2012 at 7:35 AM  

Stephenie, you better NOT sell that soap as a second!!! It is absolutely gorgeous! Don't you know that it took you hours & hours of work just to get that beautiful antique patina???? Great job!!

Anonymous,  March 24, 2012 at 7:40 AM  

The blue and white is beautiful! Nothing wrong with it! I love the two colors.

Traci R,  March 24, 2012 at 12:08 PM  

I really like combination of blue and white. It looks like clouds.

Two Blooms Design Studio,  March 24, 2012 at 5:37 PM  

The blue is so pretty in this soap.

Michelle

lwal50,  March 25, 2012 at 7:37 AM  

I think your soap turned out super, definitely not a second. I love to get that crackled effect with TD when I soap, Linda

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP