Crafty days

>> Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The days leading up to Chrsitmas this year have been full of craftiness. I'm so thankful my mom has been around. I have gotten a lot more done thanks to her...and she has helped Raelee to complete projects I wouldn't have been able to help her with otherwise.

Granny helping Raelee to sew Christmas gifts for special people.
Lately, Raelee has been into drawing. She spends HOURS and HOURS drawing. The TV may be on, but she is concentrating hard on writing books for her friends. Mostly "copy this" books. It is so fun watching her grow with her drawing. She is getting better and better.

All of her tools spread out around her.

Here is what she was working on.
 The other day,  I found a neat site that has 2 homeschool girls that started a business selling sewing kits. They are very cute and reasonably priced.  It has step by step directions to complete little projects.  We were very excited to order a few kits. She spent 30 minutes today sewing a christmas tree and all of the trimmings while listening to a book on tape. I find her brain can focus on books more when her hands are busy, so this is perfect!!
 Sewing Kits 4 Kids
I had to post a lot of pictures because you had to see the evolution of Buster...lol

Raelee has been wearing this skirt that her Grandma made her when she was 3 or 4. At 7.5, she's still wearing it..lol It went from being mid calf length to mid thigh. It's really too short for her, but it's fine for around the house.

If you look closely at her left index finger, you can see a sticker thimble. She got poked one time and it was the end of the world! We had to fix that. She was wearing 4 before it was all said and done.


I highly recommend the sewing kits. I know you can make this stuff on your own, but you wouldn't be supporting homeschooled kids if you did..lol

2 comments:

Carey,  December 9, 2010 at 6:56 AM  

the drawing looked great! and glad she's into those sewing kits...she should love the gift coming to her for Christmas :)

cajunsis,  January 1, 2011 at 9:58 PM  

awww, how sweet! She is doing great drawing - I love seeing her progress, and I love sewing with you :-)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP