Little Boxes

>> Monday, August 26, 2013

Some people collect figurines, some collect keychains, some collect shells.  My daughter collects little boxes.  It started out slowly when she was very young but as she grew up, I realized that it wasn't just a passing thing for her. She LOVES little boxes that store things....and she knows exactly what box her special trinkets are in. Most boxes came from someplace special. My mom and dad have given her some from their many worldly travels and her Uncle Troy has also. Often gifts that we have received from Troy come in little boxes...which quickly disappear into her room. I love her little box collection and thought I would share it here.  You understand that I cannot share the contents of these boxes right? There are some top secret things in them!


I didn't get a better picture of the one behind the yellow one. It's a very special box a very special lady back home gave her with tears in her eyes right before we moved. She put a birds nest in it and some other neat things. We miss Mrs. Elaine.

Brought back from vacation from some friends back home.

A box Papa gave her at some point...it's from Singapore I think.

Box of marbles

Another one from a far off land that her Granny and Papa visited.

From a vacation she vividly remembers when she was 5.

An awesome box her Papa gave her years ago. It's a jewelry box that has some very special baubles in it along with a fun picture.

These boxes are ones Raelee got from Singapore in China Town. She was good at bartering for them. The person selling would say "3 fo 10 dolla" and raelee, with her big blue eyes and blond hair would say "4 for 10 dollars" and they say "Fo you 4 fo 10 dolla". It was cute.

One of her presentes came from Uncle Troy in this box. It is a locking box that has very special things in it. The key is hidden in another box and for 5 years now, she has kept track of that little key.

An old box of mine...I think maybe used to be my moms?

Another one (music box) from Uncle Troy



This is from Granny and holds her stationary collection.



From her "Aunt" Carey

Holds Orgami from a friend from Singapore.

An old box of mine

And it looks like she may have a bit of her mom's collection too...jars.

1 comments:

cajunsis,  August 29, 2013 at 1:29 PM  

Hey, I posted a comment the day you did this blog! It is not here! I LOVE her little box collection. I remember when we found a box after the move, she got super excited and screamed "THAT IS THE ONE THAT HAS MY KEY! I have been looking for it forever!" Lol... yes, her little boxes are treasures. At least she doesn't store food in them like a cousin I know... ;-)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP