No electronics...day 1

>> Monday, April 26, 2010

So Raelee became more and more obsessed with all things with a screen. It got where she gave me problems doing anything at all b/c she wanted to watch TV, play Wii, or play computer. It's my fault I know...so now I'm undoing it all.  This week she gets no screens. Yes, this means that I get less screen time too...but that's ok.

So what does no screen time mean for Raelee?

It means painting random wooden things that have been around the house forever.


(no picture) It meant longer in school...she didn't rush her work. She actually asked for LONGER school so that she could do a couple of extra things.

It meant learning about Monet and painting a painting similar to one of his.


And doing a fine job of it at that!  This is called "Field of Violets". By Raelee

It meant asking me to do a class for 5 of her friends about Monet and Impressionism.  She wanted to set it up RIGHT NOW. I KNEW that several of our friends couldn't make it for one reason or another. So instead, she wrote a list of things she needs to make sure she has for her friends. She also wrote a formal invitation asking her friends to attend her class on Monday at 3 pm.

It meant hearing Mr. Judes big tractor running and Raelee running out to see what he was doing.  Instead of running back in to play her Wii, she jumped right in there and helped. I thought she would last 3 shovelful's and be done. Nope.....


She did FIVE wheelbarrow's full...now not 'man' full, but they were at least 1/3 to 1/2 full.


She didn't want any help..she did it all on her own.


This is how the grown up's were doing it:


And it worked!!! Wait...the dirt is supposed to go IN the wheelbarrow's?!?  NOW you tell her!

I think Raele's way is more effective..don't you think?


There...that's better.



The man thinks he can do a better job....*hrmph*

No TV meant watching the eagles fly:



And what did Raelee ask for in return? Nothing but a slide down the hill. Face first.

And a hose off outside naked with the water hose. And dinner. I don't think she needed the water hose, do you?

*note* No toes or dress was harmed in the making of this blog post. Dirt washes off and shoes are overrated...don't you think?

1 comments:

Red,  April 26, 2010 at 10:50 PM  

Hard work is good for you, gives you a sense of accomplishment & makes you feel good physically.
I am proud of her!
I think that screens are a major problem for most folks.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP