So....

>> Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I had this brilliant idea to get a hamster. It was a collaborative effort really...but that's another story. I thought it would be a good homeschooling lesson. Well...so would caring for a cow...but you don't see us buying one of those now do you? There's a pretty good reason that's why!

This hamster doesn't do anything constructive during waking hours. NOTHING. I even took it's home away so that we could see her more. Now we can just see her sleep. Ya..that works. I can't even put it back in....the dog ate it. (it was a half a coconut shell)

So now, Sallie, lives in the 'rocket ship' as Raelee likes to call it. She packs whatever she treasures and loves up to the top of the ship and I think gradually lets it fall all night long down the tunnel. I can hear clink clink clink all night. Surely she is paying me back for something you think?

We are coming to an understanding though...she will get socialized...she will let us hold her...she will be nice and not bite anymore. She says...no...don't think so.

So in my effort to get to know her a bit better, I took the top of the rocket ship off and pet her a bit. She let me. It was nice. Her pouches are packed TIGHT. It was wild! She didn't like to be touched there either.

I took these pictures of her:







"Hi! Maybe you aren't so bad. I'll let you hold me"













Sing with me "Sallie the Hamster has...2 pouches"

See how big they are? They extend out WAY past her face!!!











We had a wonderful bonding experience......I think we made some headway. Then....I dropped her. In front of 2 very hungry dogs.

1 comments:

I'm Jen.,  May 8, 2008 at 2:33 PM  

Just so you know, we have had Cheese for over a year and the jerk still won't let us pet him. I harbored delusions left over from my childhood hamster that this one refuses to comply with. If things don't work out with Sally, she and Cheese can move in together.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP