Lightbulb moment!!!

>> Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I was reading on The Well Trained Mind forum and
Grettalynn said this about biblical works and ideas:

that religious stories and mythologies don't have to be (literally/objectively) true in order to be (spiritually, meaningfully) true. We even teach her this about the stories of our own religion! The stories are meant to teach us something about who we are as humans and what we can and should do with our lives. It doesn't matter if the story didn't happen exactly the way it is told. What matters is how the story enhances our lives.
That is exactly how I feel! I don't necessarily have to believe the story as it is taken by most people...but I can get something from it...something that might enhance my life or teach me something about myself. I do like Bible stories and I do think I have learned life lessons from them and want Raelee to learn the same. Thank you Grettalyn for putting my thoughts into words!



1 comments:

Capturing the heart and soul of childhood,  May 6, 2008 at 10:39 PM  

That is a brilliant quote Steph. I feel the same way and I think it opens our world up to so many more learning opportunities!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP